I like this 11 step model of self-care. It was developed by Deepak Chopra, M.D., F.A.C.P. who is the co-founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing, the founder of the Chopra Foundation, and a world-renowned pioneer in integrative medicine and personal transformation. He is the author of more than 85 books translated into over 43 languages, including numerous New York Times bestsellers. His recent books include You Are the Universe, co-authored with Menas Kafatos, Ph.D.; and Quantum Healing (Revised and Updated): Exploring the Frontiers of Mind/Body Medicine.
- Making happiness a high priority.
- Making sure your life has purpose and meaning.
- Living according to a higher vision.
- Expanding your awareness in every decade of life.
- Devoting time and attention to personal growth.
- Paying attention to the fate of the planet.
- Following at least the minimal regimen of good diet and physical activity.
- Allowing the brain to reset by introducing down time several times a day.
- Getting to know your inner world through meditation, contemplation, and
- Practicing gratitude and appreciation.
- Learning how to love and be loved.
Learn more at